Here are some photos that capture some of the changes in our daily scenery. Not the views out our apt and car windows but the things that are a part of our routine and that we look at every day.
Our Junk Bowl:
My old phone, Dave's new phone, his passport, some Euro coins, extra set of keys, a bookmark from my American Women's Club guide book, and some colorful "lunch vouchers" which work like cash in most stores and restaurants in Luxembourg City.
Closets:
In order to best utilize the space in our new IKEA wardrobes, we hang most everything–even ratty t-shirts–since we only brought one bureau with us.

Produce:
The too many apples I still have to eat. I bought a giant, 12 Euro bag of them at a roadside stand along the Moselle River last weekend. I've been eating 2-3 a day to get through them all. They are HUGE apples, too. I gave two away to the washing machine delivery guys today. They seemed to be really psyched. It made me think of how the other day we saw a few policemen on the side of the road eating apples–again, something about that was so European. I can't think of a time I've ever seen a US cop in uniform eat an apple. Why is that?

Our refrigerator.
It's much smaller and less cold than ours in the US. it's also kind of randomly stocked. We shop every other day to replenish our produce, dairy, beer and chocolate supplies. At home it would be pretty full, and every week I'd end up throwing away produce because it got lost and rotted in the drawers and deep shelves.
No comments:
Post a Comment