Friday, February 27, 2009

Rome: The Color!

the first thing I was struck by was the vibrant colors of the city. The buildings are all shades of gold, ochre, yellow, peach, russet red, orange, etc. and the sky was soo blue. It was a really striking combination of colors. Such a nice and welcomed change from the grays of Luxembourg this time of year. 

The view from our apt:




We had been forewarned about the grafitti in Rome. If we hadn't it might have been really jarring. It's kind of incredible to see it scrawled across such old, and precious buildings. But it's just paint. 



This grafitti says something like "Mirella, I love you and you are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen but I have forgotten you."







One example of laundry hanging - so much of it around the city and it was so pretty to me. Even when the city seemed really dirty there was still the clean laundry hanging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment