Last night I had an annoying cycle of mini-dreams where i woke up, asked Dave who won the election, and he told me that McCain had. I was terribly dissapointed, then I fall back "asleep" (in my dream) wake up and realize it was all just a bad dream, I'd "fall asleep" and it would start all over again. It went on for 3 or 4 cycles. I have never been this nervous and excited for an election (I must be maturing.) Needless to say i was very relieved and happy to hear about the real results!
Before having that relentless cycle of bad election dreams, and after missing yoga because i got lost for 45 minutes and was too late to go, Dave and I went to this American election night party at this barn/bar in some small town about 20 minutes away. It was sponsored by both the Republican and Democrat clubs here. They served chicken wings, burgers, hotdogs and beer. They had CNN and BBC on a big screen and the place was decked out with lots of red white and blue. I was amazed (once again) by all the different languages being spoken at the party. People from all over the world were there to participate. You realize how important America is in the world when the whole world is watching the election.
Even though both parties were represented, it was clear by the empty Obama button jar that the Democrats outnumbered the Republicans.

That dude in the foreground, in the flag shirt wasn't even American. He was Luxembourgish.
Vicky and her husband (name??). She's from Hong Kong and he's from the Netherlands. He speaks 5 languages and that made an impression on Dave that he said "if that guy can learn 5 languages, F-*CK IT, i can learn French!"

No comments:
Post a Comment